[Zope-dev] docs.zope.org automation

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Mon Aug 2 09:51:10 EDT 2010

On Saturday, July 31, 2010, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
> Currently the buildout can recognize the standard Sphinx documentation
> layout with a folder named "doc" or "docs" in the package root and a
> Sphinx configuration and content therein. The buildout can also use a
> kludge and pull in content that is documented using
> "z3c.recipe.sphinxdoc" maintained in a separate buildout, but I'm hoping
> those project authors would consider using the standard layout as
> exemplified by e.g. zope.event[2] and championed by e.g. Tres, Christian
> Theune, and several others (including me).

We have put a lot of energy into putting the full documentation of packages
into the package's long description and most packages have this layout (I
know, because I did it for most. ;-) So it might be good to use the long
description of the package, if the other two methods fail. This would turn on
documentation for a lot of packages and we can move them over slowly.

But otherwise, it is great to see such great progress on docs.zope.org!

Regards,
Stephan
--
Entrepreneur and Software Geek