[Zope-dev] Products in Zope 2.12+

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Wed Aug 4 04:52:17 EDT 2010

Hi.

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 10:31 AM, Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
> I'm in the process of egg-ifying some Zope 2 Products of mine (first up
> is MailTemplates) and I'm curious as to how add-in products work in an
> egg-based Zope setup.
>
> Do I need to include anything in zope.conf or some zcml somewhere?

For a general Python package to be picked up, you would need to add a
regular ZCML slug into the etc/package-includes directory of your
instance.

If your package is a namespace package in the 'Products' namespace,
then it will be picked up automatically, once added to the PYTHONPATH.
This is triggered by the "five:loadProducts" and
"five:loadProductsOverrides" directives in your instances site.zcml.
The code for those directives is either in Products.Five or OFS
depending on which version of Zope2 you use.

Hanno