[Zope-dev] RFC: ETag support for zope.browserresource

Martin Aspeli optilude+lists at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 20:49:53 EDT 2010

On 10 August 2010 02:25, Marius Gedminas <marius at gedmin.as> wrote:
> I've added ETag support for zope.browserresource in a branch:
> http://zope3.pov.lt/trac/changeset/115596
>
> Does anybody have any comments/objections?  If not, I'd like to merge
> this to trunk and release zope.browserresource 3.11.0.

No strong objections, really, but bear in mind that people will likely
want to customise this.

With plone.caching / plone.app.caching we have a framework that, among
other things, deals with browser resources and sets etag,
last-modified and other headers according to rules configured by the
developer and/or administrator.

I think that would just stomp on etags set by zope.browserresource,
but worth bearing in mind that for bigger applications like Plone, we
need a centralised, overarching and configurable strategy for cache
headers.

Martin