[Zope-dev] import of zexp containing Page Template objects causes sudden zope death

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Aug 27 11:39:25 EDT 2010

Hi All,

So, here the story; I have a zodb that's been around for many years.
In it, it has a folder containing a few ZPTs and python scripts.

This server is now running Zope 2.12.

If I zexp export that folder and import into a clean 2.12 instance, the
import works fine, but when I try to go to the folder in the ZMI, Zope
dies immediately. No messages, no errors, no output.

If I delete the ZPTs before the export and import, everything is okay.

I can browse the folder and ZPTs fine on the originating server, even
after the 2.12 upgrade.

I'm left with a vague "wtf?!" feeling.
Does anyone have any clue what the problem might be or how I can get any
kind of output or error message when it does happen?

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk