[Zope-dev] import of zexp containing Page Template objects causes sudden zope death

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Aug 27 14:52:29 EDT 2010

Tres Seaver wrote:
>> It's the sudden death I have issue with, not a peep of logging anywhere...
>
> Two options there:
>
> - - Run under gdb.

gdb says:

Program received signal EXC_BAD_ACCESS, Could not access memory.
Reason: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at address: 0xb0186cec
[Switching to process 12270]
0x000dc08c in import_submodule ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x000dc08c in import_submodule ()
#1  0x000dc409 in load_next ()
#2  0x000dcdb1 in PyImport_ImportModuleLevel ()
#3  0x000b5a4f in builtin___import__ ()
#4  0x0000eb25 in PyObject_Call ()
#5  0x000bb4be in PyEval_CallObjectWithKeywords ()

Now, how in gdb do I find out what it was that was trying to be imported?
(should any sort of import cause a core dump?!)

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk