[Zope-dev] Zope 2.13 and zope.publisher >= 3.9

Sylvain Viollon sylvain at infrae.com
Tue Dec 7 13:13:48 EST 2010

Hello,

  In zope.publisher 3.9.0, the signature of the redirect method of a
  response changed to include a new trusted option that you *need* to
  set to True in order to get redirect working in most cases
  (otherwise it denies the redirect that are not in the domain than your
  application).

  That new option annoy me in Zope 2.13, as there is no such option to
  the redirect method on the Zope 2 response.

  Now I am working in five.grok which uses grokcore.view.
  Grokcore.view provides some redirect utilities, and they have to
  use that trusted option in order to get things working. And they
  doesn't work in Zope 2 anymore.

  So I would like a bit of help to fix that problem. I see two
  possible solutions:

  - changing the default value of the trusted option in zope.publisher,
    to be a bit more backward compatible (and call that redirect with
    trusted=False in zope.[app].authentication where it motivated that
    change),

  - add a trusted option to redirect in Zope 2.

  What do you thing what should be done ?

  (Yes, I will create a launchpad issue, but I would like to see that
  issue fixed more or less quickly).

  Regards,

  Sylvain,

--