[Zope-dev] lovely.remotetask

Godefroid Chapelle gotcha at bubblenet.be
Fri Feb 5 04:46:02 EST 2010

Hi,

Jean-Francois Roche and I need to port lovely.remotetask to Zope 2.
We have started to look at the existing branch port-for-zope210.
In order to clean the branch, we made a buildout to run its tests.

Doing this, we found out that lovely.remotetask has some ui components
that depends heavily on zope.app.

We would like to refactor the package into two packages :

The first one would hold backend components and would depend on zope.app
as little as possible.  (z3c.remotetask.core)

The second one would hold the ui components. (z3c.remotetask.browser)

We would also refactor lovely.remotetask to depend on the new packages.

Comments welcome.

PS: "Lovely people", do you mind that the new packages would move to z3c
namespace iow that it looses the lovely namespace ?
--
Godefroid Chapelle (aka __gotcha) http://bubblenet.be