[Zope-dev] Zope2 ZMI and HTML5

Matthew Wilkes matthew at matthewwilkes.co.uk
Sat Feb 6 09:21:48 EST 2010

On 2010-02-06, at 1257, Charlie Clark wrote:

> Migrating from DTML to ZPT would add weight to the "dog food"
> argument and
> should be fairly straightforward. ZPT came on the scene shortly
> after I
> started playing with Zope and is one of the biggest reasons for me
> sticking with it. The ZMI is probably the last big dependent of DTML
> in
> Zope 2 so it would be nice to be able to remove that dependency for
> Zope
> 2.

It seems like a lot of work for no gain.  I can think of a couple of
examples where DTML templates are monkey-patched in Plone and none of
those are anything particularly vital.  DTML works for the ZMI, new
pages can be written in ZPT, why bother going back and changing them
all?

I mean, how often do you really need to do maintenance on the security
form, for example?

Matt