[Zope-dev] z3c.form vs. Invalid exceptions

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Fri Feb 26 09:04:40 EST 2010

On Friday 26 February 2010, Martin Aspeli wrote:
> The z3c.form doctests make it look like raising zope.interface.Invalid()
> would be an acceptable thing for a validator to do. It also makes it
> look like the argument passed to the Invalid() constructor is a string
> that would be displayed as an error message.

After reviewing the code and comments briefly, I think this is a bug. I am
amazed that it has not surfaced before. I guess Invalid from zope.interface is
simply not raised that often.

Feel free to fix the bug with a test. You can also release a new z3c.form
version if you like. I can give you access

Regards,
Stephan
--
Entrepreneur and Software Geek