[Zope-dev] redirect burps on unicode URLs

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Fri Feb 26 10:37:57 EST 2010

On 02/26/2010 04:12 PM, Adam GROSZER wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Some background:
> This arises when you try to access a url which has non-ascii in it
> (but is well encoded), usually a document uploaded by a user.
> Then the loginform comes with it's camefrom parameter.
> On successful login yo uget redirected to the camefrom url, which gets
> unencoded to unicode, that's where it burps (for me).
>
> Do we want to fix this?

Yes, please.

> Which part is bogus? The loginform with it's redirect or the redirect
> itself?

According to the RFC Tres referenced we can't just represent a URL as a
unicode string but would have to deal with the schemes' structure and
specific encoding issues.

To support the round-trip issue, one way that I can see would be to use
a specific URL object instead of a unicode string. That would be quite a
change, but we could probably make it work in a backwards compatible way.

Other suggestions?

Christian

Christian Theune · ct at gocept.com