[Zope-dev] patterns for using sphinx with the Zope Toolkit?

Benji York benji at zope.com
Sun Jan 3 17:38:09 EST 2010

On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 6:53 AM, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
> Lennart Regebro wrote:
> [snip]
>> Also if the above code is deemed as being a Good Idea, I will remove
>> all the usage of zope.testing.doctest from Manuel. This is necessary,
>> as one of the things I need from Manuel is a Python 3 port, and I'm
>> not porting zope.testing.doctest to Python 3.
>
> I think this is quite independently from the above the consensus anyway,
> right? Switching over from zope.testing.doctest to plain doctest
> anywhere seems like a good idea.

Manuel uses the standard library's doctest almost exclusively.  The only
place zope.testing.doctest is used is to be compatible with
zope.testing's expectations.

I just took a stab at removing all references to zope.testing.doctest
from Manuel and got it to work using the zope.testing trunk (Manuel
needs DocTestFailureException).
--
Benji York