[Zope-dev] New Zope2 releases available

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Thu Jan 14 11:12:56 EST 2010

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 4:53 PM, Charlie Clark
<charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu> wrote:
> Am 13.01.2010, 16:58 Uhr, schrieb Charlie Clark
> <charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu>:
> Installing Visual Studio Express makes this a whole lot easier. I can
> provide py2.6-win32 eggs for the following:

Most of these already exist on PyPi, except two:

> zope2-2.12.3-py2.6-win32.egg

I meant to upload a new egg for that myself, but got into problems
with my new build box and pywin32. I have a cross compilation setup
for 32/64 bit now and uploaded win-amd64 versions of all other
distributions including C extensions. Except building pywin32 yourself
isn't quite as easy :)

If you'd sent my your binary egg, I'll add it to PyPi.

> zope.container-3.11.0-py2.6-win32.egg

Why are you trying to use that version? Zope 2.12.3 includes
zope.container 3.8.2 as defined at
http://download.zope.org/Zope2/index/2.12.3/. For that version binary
eggs exist.

Looking at the changelog of zope.container, it's not save to use a
newer version of it. The ISite change in its 3.10.0 looks like it
requires zope.component 3.8.0, but our KGS has 3.7.0. I'd highly
discourage using arbitrary version mixes of Zope packages.

Hanno