[Zope-dev] Where is the position of BlueBream in Zope ecosystem ?

Hermann Himmelbauer dusty at qwer.tk
Thu Jan 21 02:44:39 EST 2010

Am Donnerstag 21 Januar 2010 07:48:30 schrieb Baiju M:
> On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 11:03 AM, Baiju M <mbaiju at zeomega.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 10:53 AM, Baiju M <mbaiju at zeomega.com> wrote:
> >> Please read the sentence once again:
> >>
> >> "BFG evolved around Zope 3, which primarily utilize certain library
> >> packages from Zope 3 and don't make use of the Zope 3 application
> >> server."
> >>
> >> We don't claim anything you said here.  Each words are used very
> >> carefully.
> >
> > Well, I added two more sentences at the beginning:
> >
> > The aim of this document is to show the position of BlueBream in the
> > wider Zope ecosystem. Disclaimer: What is written about other projects
> > should be taken with a pinch of salt, as we are not the maintainers of
> > those projects.
>
> FTR, now Chris McDonough contributed new digram an updated text
> to include ZCA in picture.  Thanks Chris !

Thanks from me, too!

What could be added to the diagrams is the following:

- A horizontal segmentation via a line, where above on the right we read "Web
Frameworks" and below the line "Core Libraries" (or similar). In the 2008
diagram, this line would go right through Zope 3, as this covered both,
whereas in the current diagram, the line would be above ZTK. The Grok/Zope2
arrows would then reach below this line to indicate that these projects rely
on the core-library part of Zope 3.
- Some legend like "Zope ecosystem in 2008/2010".

I personally would very much like to see this graph, perhaps extended with an
application layer with Plone (and maybe other products, e.g. Silva) on the
zope.org page on a prominent place. The boxes in the graph could be links, so
that people can directly navigate to the desired location.

This would clear up things a lot, I think, especially for newcomers.

Best Regards,
Hermann

hermann at qwer.tk
GPG key ID: 299893C7 (on keyservers)
FP: 0124 2584 8809 EF2A DBF9  4902 64B4 D16B 2998 93C7