[Zope-dev] Where is the position of BlueBream in Zope ecosystem ?

Hermann Himmelbauer dusty at qwer.tk
Thu Jan 21 04:13:54 EST 2010

Am Donnerstag 21 Januar 2010 09:29:46 schrieb Lennart Regebro:
> On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 08:29, Hermann Himmelbauer <dusty at qwer.tk> wrote:
> > Thanks for clearing this up. What I don't understand is: Is ZCA now part
> > of the ZTK or not? I had the impression that ZCA is merely a set of
> > libraries inside the ZTK?
>
> "Merely"? :) The ZCA is a set of libraries that together make a
> component architecture for Python, yes. ZTK uses/includes these
> libraries. Is that "inside" are "below" or "above"? Does it matter?

I think such things indeed matter to some degree: It's interesting that even
people who are not that new (like Baiju or me) can't easily draw a picture of
the Zope ecosystem, for instance neither of us knew that BFG sits on ZCA and
not on ZTK, whereas I would not have distinguished between ZCA and ZTK in the
first place.

So - if even we have problems understanding, how would things look like for
complete newbies?

Best Regards,
Hermann

hermann at qwer.tk
GPG key ID: 299893C7 (on keyservers)
FP: 0124 2584 8809 EF2A DBF9  4902 64B4 D16B 2998 93C7