[Zope-dev] Zope 2.13 - next steps

Charlie Clark charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu
Sun Jun 13 08:06:14 EDT 2010

Am 12.06.2010, 20:58 Uhr, schrieb Hanno Schlichting <hanno at hannosch.eu>:

> Comments, suggestions, more work you'd like to get into 2.13?

Hi Hanno,

thanks for the information. I'm a little confused by the narrative - is
Plone 4.0 being held back by a Zope 2 release? As I don't use Plone I
don't care about its release status and I don't think it should drive
Zope's release status. Maybe that's what you were saying and I didn't
understand it correctly. I'm also a little confused that your discussions
have been with the "community" but not on this list. Not that this list
should be the channel for all the discussions (it in its own way is as
exclusive as many other channels).

For the rest - deprecating zope.app on its own is probably a sufficiently
large change to warrant a new point release which will hopefully tie into
KGS. The same is true for five. Support for Python 2.7 would be great if
doable (again not clear) and bumping the ZODB version. So the scope and
schedule for the release is fine with me. We might want to add some of the
issues to the weekly IRC meetings.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark