[Zope-dev] Summary of today's developer meeting

Marius Gedminas marius at gedmin.as
Wed Mar 3 05:06:22 EST 2010

On Wed, Mar 03, 2010 at 10:06:18AM +0100, Hermann Himmelbauer wrote:
> Am Mittwoch 03 März 2010 01:28:21 schrieb Chris McDonough:

> > > No one should have to extract anything from the ZTK, because, AFAIK,
> > > the ZTK isn't a distribution.
> >
> > You've both successfully beaten any initiative out of me again.  Well done.
> > Full speed ahead.
>
> Hmmm, interesting:
>
> --------------- snip -------------------
>
> def hickhack(*kd):
>    probabitlity = [0]*99 + [1]
            ^

Typo ;)

Using 3 spaces for indentation is an... interesting... choice.

>    return random.choice(probability)
>
> def zope_community_work():
>    while 1:

'while True' looks better.

>       someone = random.choice(community)
>       give_input(someone)
>
>       disagree_members = ['cmember1', 'cmember2', 'cmember3']
>       disagree(someone, disagree_members)
>
>       for i in range(20):
>          agree = hickhack(
>              random.choice([someone]*10+disagree_members*2+community)))

hickhack ignores its argument.  I'm not sure what you're trying to
express here.

>          if agree:
>             break
>
>       if agree:
>          worker_thread.start()
>       else:
>          for i in range 4:

You started omitting parentheses from function calls.

>             feel_pissed_off(random.choice([someone]*10+disagree_members))
>          for i in range 10:
>             sleep 100
>             print "Stalemate!"

> As anyone can see, "worker_thread" is not started often, which is not optimal.
> How could this be improved?

More positive feedback, less negative feedback.

Marius Gedminas
now wondering if his humorous deadpan PEP-8 review of pseudocode will be
considered positive or negative...