[Zope-dev] zope.component.zcml and global registry

Fabio Tranchitella kobold at kobold.it
Mon Mar 8 12:16:31 EST 2010

* 2010-03-08 17:51, Roger wrote:
> A bugfix probably for your app, but a feature for zope packages

I thought it is a bug fix (I see no reason why it used the global registry
before, because it is totally equivalent) and it does not change the API
and the semantic of the ZCML directives.

I don't mind releasing as a major release, though.

> I hope nobody is using setSite in the wrong place, then this new feature
> will horribly break their applications.

TBH, I see no possibility to break anything with such a change, unless you
really expect to work it in this way (eg. hooking getSiteManager *before*

I'll wait till the week-end to release it, so everybody has the opportunity
to have a word on this topic.

Best regards,
Fabio