[Zope-dev] Control Panel/Product Management doesn't display normal products in Zope 2.12

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Mon Mar 15 06:24:49 EDT 2010

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 11:20 AM, Baiju M <mbaiju at zeomega.com> wrote:
> In Zope 2.12, Control Panel -> Product Management doesn't display
> normal products.
> This functionality was working until Zope 2.11

What do you mean with "normal products" ? A simple folder in one of
the products/ directories configured in zope.conf? A package called
Products.* somewhere on sys.path?

> Can anyone tell me whether this was removed purposefully or a bug ?

The registry is now completely optional and disabling it via
"enable-product-installation off" from the start, will make sure that
no entry will ever show up there. But Zope 2 has the registry enabled
by default, so all products and packages registered as products should
still show up there.

Hanno