[Zope-dev] Functional areas of Zope

Thomas Lotze thomas at thomas-lotze.de
Mon Nov 1 09:59:18 EDT 2010

Thomas Lotze wrote:

> To get the discussion started, I'll give a few random examples of
> functional areas that we thought of immediately:
>
> - software architecture (interfaces, components)
> - data persistence (ZODB)
> - URL resolution (object traversal)
> - form generation (form libs for HTML forms, other possibilities?)
> - resource handling (CSS, Javascript delivery)
> - client-side programming framework

Let me add a few more that Wolfgang and I have been thinking about in the
meantime, hoping that they provoke more discussion and maybe give a better
idea of what I'm trying to talk about:

- general templating to generate HTML & friends
- security: authentication, authorisation
- logging, error handling
- providing web services
- i18n
- caching