[Zope-dev] portrange for passive ftp mode with zope.app.twisted

Roman Joost roman at bromeco.de
Wed Nov 3 22:23:37 EDT 2010

Hi,

because we have a Zope 3 deployment with FTP support and a firewall
setup on the server side, I was wondering if there is any chance to
configure the FTP server with a port range to be used for the passive
ftp mode.

Now, I've checked the code in zope.app.twisted and it seems that the FTP
module in the used twisted version does not support a portrange for
passive mode. Apparently newer twisted versions do.

The last release of the package was in 2009 and I wonder if it is still
maintained, or if the focus is now on other packages (for whatever
reason).

Cheers,
--
Roman Joost