[Zope-dev] Zope Toolkit 1.0.1

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Wed Nov 17 16:42:40 EST 2010

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 10:34 PM, Tres Seaver <tseaver at palladion.com> wrote:
> On 11/17/2010 04:04 PM, Hanno Schlichting wrote:
>
>> We haven't automated the process of generating a changelog for the ZTK
>> releases yet. If you are interested in what changed in this release
>> ... any help would be welcome ;)
>
> Its pretty trivial to see the changes::
>
>  $ export ZSVN=http://svn.zope.org/repos/main/
>  $ svn diff $ZSVN/zopetoolkit/tags/{1.0,1.0.1}
>
> I guess maybe you're looking for help on detailing what the changes were
> in each bumped package?

Indeed. The version numbers are easy to get to, but it's tedious to
look up all of them to get to the actual changes.

We are already generating a list of packages as part of the
automatically built Sphinx docs (result at:
http://docs.zope.org/zopetoolkit/releases/packages-1.0.html). It
shouldn't be all too hard to add some other script there to generate a
changelog page.

The current script is in
svn+ssh://svn.zope.org/repos/main/zopetoolkit/doc/scripts/update-releaseinfo.py
and hooked in via the Sphinx Makefile.

I know there's various versions of a changelog parsing script out
there, it would be good to get a version into the ZTK.

Hanno