[Zope-dev] DTML is dead, long live DTML ;-)

Tim Hoffman zutesmog at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 07:28:52 EDT 2010

Hi Laurence

I think you missed my point.  I was talking about generating code (sql as
DDL for instance)
not sql statements.  I use Enterprise architect to model the application in
UML for the data model,
entity model, I generate  generate storm schema and DDL for accessing the
database from the model.
And much of the model is originally reverse engineered from the RDBMS by EE.

And usually the RDBMS is pre-existing, not a new thing.  So the schema of
the RDBMS is fixed.

So I was looking for zope eco system based non html/xml based templating
systems as a response to Martin
saying DTML is dead, as I am currently using DTML for these sorts of tasks.