[Zope-dev] ZTK TTW Content Types Project Wiki

Kevin Gill kevin at movieextras.ie
Wed Sep 8 05:41:54 EDT 2010

>  So I am starting a project to build content types through the web using
> the ZTK.
>
> Here is the url.
>
> http://specialtyjobmarkets.com/Wikis/LozinskiClasses/FrontPage

Hi Christopher,

I understand where you are. Four years ago, I made the transition from
Zope2 to Zope3. It was about 12 months before the new technologies felt
comfortable. In particular, my biggest irritation was Zope3 heads who had
never used ZClasses and TTW development bad mouthing it.

Recently, I have gravitated to Plone. There are a number of tools in Plone
that demonstrate an interest in RAD in general and TTW as a RAD mechanism
where appropriate.

PloneFormGen has been improved recently. It is great for creating forms
for creating content objects.

ArchGenXML can generate the structure of complex applications. If you do
it right, you can end up just writing the Python Code and File system is
better in my opinion for that due to the debugger. However, it is tricky
to get setup with argo uml in the first place.

Plomino.net has a wonderful product that is very like python TTW
development. It is not consistent with the Zope idioms, but it doesn't
need to be because Plone users don't know them. It is very fast to develop
and has good forms. I urge  you to try it out.

Don't be too harsh on Grok/Dexterity. Dexterity has worked out how not to
repeat the definitions in interfaces, forms and content objects. It also
produces an application with suprisingly little redundant code. I urge you
to try it out. The benefits are of course quick turn around, version
control, testability and the debugger.

I made some edits on your wiki.

Good Luck in your project

Kevin