[Zope-dev] ZTK & Windows support

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri Sep 10 15:43:51 EDT 2010

Hi there,

I've heard some noises from people that might or might not indicate
something about the status of Windows support in the ZTK.

If support would be dropped, let me just say that this would be a
problem for me, a ZTK consumer. I personally have customers that deploy
Grok on Windows (as a desktop application). Eventually I'll want to
upgrade that software to a version of Grok that use the ZTK.

It's also a problem for Grok. Grok tries to support Windows. Grok is
best served in general if people can run it on Windows to at least try
things out.

I am making a request as a consumer of the ZTK that Windows support is
to be taken somewhat seriously.

And no, I'm not stepping up to do the work. But perhaps this thread can
serve as a positive starting point for those who do.

Regards,

Martijn

P.S. I realize that work to support Windows is being done by several
people, including Hanno. Thanks!