[Zope-dev] Survey: most obscure errors

Patrick Gerken do3ccqrv at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 16 07:09:43 EDT 2010

Hi

It doesn't happen to me any longer, cause I learned my lesson,
but in the beginning I was always confused about the error message
when an exception happened in the __init__ method of a view.

The Exception gets caught, and interpreted as if the object object/view
does not exist. I then always checked if I made a mistake in my
zcml declaration or did something wrong with names.
It never occured to me that the url was correct, but the __init__
method threw errors.

Best regards,

        Patrick