[Zope-dev] Zope Tests: 42 OK, 12 Failed

Michael Howitz mh at gocept.com
Tue Sep 21 09:39:47 EDT 2010

Am 21.09.2010 um 13:58 schrieb Gediminas Paulauskas:
> 2010/9/21 Michael Howitz <mh at gocept.com>:
>> Am 20.09.2010 um 17:22 schrieb Tres Seaver:
>> [...]
>>> Right, and we should be adding zope.testrunner to the ZTK trunk.
>>
>> Done in r116694. But this change might lead to other problems: When updating to zope.testing 3.10.0 in ztk-versions.cfg I get the following error when running buildout:
>>
>> The version, 3.10.0, is not consistent with the requirement, 'zope.testing>=3.6.0,<3.10.0'.
>> While:
>>  Installing.
>>  Getting section test-ztk.
>>  Initializing section test-ztk.
>>  Installing recipe z3c.recipe.compattest.
>> Error: Bad version 3.10.0
>
> Need to update zc.recipe.testrunner to 1.3.0 that is compatible with
> zope.testing 3.10. The patch doing that is attached.
>
> Gediminas
> <ztk-versions-using-zope.testing-3.10.diff>

I used this patch and checked it in into a branch:
http://svn.zope.org/zopetoolkit/branches/zope.testing-3.10/

The reason why I did not check it in into trunk is that it breaks 17 packages in the ZTK mainly because zope.testing test dependency is not declared or the packages are not yet compatible with zope.testing no longer containing testrunner.

@Hanno: Could you please decide in the ZTK release team, whether zope.testing 3.10 is a goal for the ZTK trunk. If so, I could merge the branch to the trunk and we could start fixing the tests. But maybe we should do this after the 1.0 final release.

Yours sincerely,
--
Michael Howitz · mh at gocept.com · software developer