[Zope-dev] buildbots should have an "svn info" step

Christophe Combelles ccomb at free.fr
Thu Sep 23 17:32:39 EDT 2010

Le 22/09/2010 11:49, Patrick Gerken a écrit :
> On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 00:54, Marius Gedminas<marius at gedmin.as>  wrote:
>> On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 04:33:35PM +0200, Adam GROSZER wrote:
>>> Hello Patrick,
>>>
>>>    Could you nag the buildbot maintainers to add an "svn info" step for
>>>    their bots?
>>>
>>>    The issue is that you can get the svn URL only from the bot config,
>>>    which is not always available.
>>
>> Patrick asked me a while ago to switch to using mode='clobber', which
>> means the initial checkout step always does an rm -rf followed by an svn
>> checkout with the full URL.
>
> Yes, but some rightfully objected that creates lots of traffic. I
> think it would be nice if everybody
> sweeps their slaves contents once in a while, like weekly.

I just added a weekly cleanup cron for the slaves

> I also really like the svn info step.
> I have seen ccomb has something a bit more advanced, but I have to
> check that again.

I've copied it from Marius' buildbot conf (pov.lt). It can be either done with a
inherited SVN build step which redefines the createSummary method. But the
actual one is a custom LastChange Step.
See http://buildbot.afpy.org/ztk1.0dev/master.cfg

> Apart from that, I think it was your idea, that everybody should try
> to trigger their buildbots at the same time, like midnight GMT. That
> sounds also good.

I've moved the time around midnight

Christophe