[Zope-dev] Announcement: gocept.zcapatch 1.0 released

Wolfgang Schnerring ws at gocept.com
Mon Dec 5 11:43:35 UTC 2011

Hello,

after much discussion[1], Thomas Lotze and I tried to implement
generic copying/stacking of component registries[2], but ultimately
failed due to the same issues that Martin Aspeli had already foreseen:
For the general case there are way too many edge cases, especially
regarding persistent registries.

So we decided to solve our most immediate needs (that are not taken
care of by plone.testing's stacking solution of the global registry),
namely temporarily altering utility/adapter/handler registrations.

We've now released this effort as gocept.zcapatch[3], and look forward
to comments and further ideas about this. I also wonder whether this
might eventually get another home (plone.testing? zope.component? Or,
nowadays, zope.interface?), but that's for after trying it out in the
real world.

Wolfgang

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.zope.devel/26469/focus=26484
[2] http://svn.zope.org/zope.component/branches/wosc-test-stacking/