[Zope-dev] Strange Cut/Paste or Copy/Paste or Import/Export behavior

Dragos Chirila objectvalues at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 09:22:59 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I have to containers old_container and new_container that accept objects of
the same type. The two containers are actually instances of different
classes in the same product.

I want to move all the objects from old_container to new_container. I have
tried with only one object:

1. To move it with a simple Cut/Paste operation through ZMI: the object is
moved successfully, but has missing properties
2. I have used Import/Export to move the same object: the object is imported
successfully, but also has missing properties
3. Even tried a simple Copy/Paste: same result, no errors but missing
properties

Basically, the code for the object to be moved is like this:

class Country(Discussion, Folder):

    _properties = (
        Discussion._properties
        +
        (
            {'id': 'body', 'type': 'text', 'mode': 'w'},
        )
    )

    def __init__(self, id, title, body, comments, flg_notify):
        self.id = id
        self.title = title
        self.body = body
        Discussion.__dict__['__init__'](self, comments, flg_notify)

    def check_properties(self):
        """ """
        print hasattr(self, 'body')
        print hasattr(self, 'comments')

and

class Discussion:

    _properties = (
        (
            {'id': 'comments', 'type': 'int', 'mode': 'w'},
            {'id': 'flg_notify', 'type': 'int', 'mode': 'w'},
        )
    )

    def __init__(self, comments, flg_notify):
        self.comments = comments
        self.flg_notify = flg_notify

If i run the method check_properties before move/copy/import it prints
True+True. After step 1/2/3 the result is True+False. So the missing
property is 'comments', that comes from the extended class Discussion. If a
I trie to acces the Propeties tab, manage_propertiesForm method, I get:

Traceback (innermost last):
  Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 350, in _bindAndExec
  Module App.special_dtml, line 178, in _exec
  Module DocumentTemplate.DT_In, line 703, in renderwob
  Module DocumentTemplate.DT_Let, line 76, in render
  Module DocumentTemplate.DT_Util, line 196, in eval
   - __traceback_info__: id
  Module <string>, line 0, in ?
  Module OFS.PropertyManager, line 151, in getProperty
AttributeError: comments

Am I doing something wrong? Any idea is highly appreciated.

Thank you very much,
Dragos

--
Dragos Chirila