[Zope-dev] Reg. persisting data in ZODB via forms

Joe Steeve js at hipro.co.in
Wed Jun 8 05:31:28 EDT 2011

Hello Charlie,

On Wed, 2011-06-08 at 11:16 +0200, Charlie Clark wrote:
> I'm surprised at this but I'm not familiar with Bluebream's
> transactional processing. The quickest thing to do is to reenable
> notification and add a debug so that you can follow all the
> subscription calls and see what you need to call.

How do we get the list of subscribers for a particular event?

> Why do want to disable notification?

We dont want to disable notification. We are just trying to understand
how zope.formlib works. We were of the understanding that every
'request' starts and ends a transaction automatically (somewhere). So,
seeing this explicit notify() confused us. Note that adding a new object
does not require this explicit notify().

Further, if we have to expect the developer to manually notify after
every change, it could invite unnecessary bugs.

We are killing the server with a "Ctrl-C". Maybe something is not
getting flushed out to the disk yet?

--
Joe Steeve
HiPro IT Solutions Pvt. Ltd.