[Zope-dev] component registry navelgazing

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Jun 13 05:08:01 EDT 2011

On 12/06/2011 21:48, Chris McDonough wrote:
> Currently if you ask a registry to singly-adapt an object to an
> interface, and the object you're trying to adapt implements that
> interface, here's what happens:

> ...     implements(IFoo)
> <None>

Looking back in history:

https://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev/2008-August/032902.html

I guess one or other of us has the parameter order wrong, probably me.

Much thread ensued:
https://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev/2008-August/thread.html#32902
https://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev/2008-September/thread.html#33174

Some justification for keeping the status quo from Fred:

https://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev/2008-September/033172.html

I stand by my resultant request here:

https://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev/2008-September/033170.html

Maybe less people care about ZCA now and so we might actually get
sensible changes made.

Maybe forking would be easier...

cheers,

Chris