[Zope-dev] ZPublisher: using zope.formlib and z3c.form in Zope 2

yuppie y.2011 at wcm-solutions.de
Fri Mar 4 05:07:27 EST 2011

Charlie Clark wrote:
> Am 04.03.2011, 08:58 Uhr, schrieb yuppie<y.2011 at wcm-solutions.de>:
>
>> If we always send UTF-8, their current implementation doesn't make much
>> sense to me. Don't know if we really should try to fall back to all the
>> charsets mentioned in Accept-Charset. But at least we should *always*
>> try UTF-8 decoding first.
>
> I'm not sure if this is directly related but I remember Withers having a
> discussion (alright, shouting match) with Andreas about cycling through
> all kinds of encoding possibilities on the resolver. I can't find the
> thread at the moment but I think it related to the way templates could be
> edited TTW or how to handle situations of mixed encoding.

I considered to propose that we don't use the IUserPreferredCharsets
adapter at all in Zope 2 and remove its registration in ZCML. But then I
noticed the code Andreas wrote in
Products.PageTemplates.unicodeconflictresolver.PreferredCharsetResolver.

I'm not going to start that discussion again.

Cheers, Yuppie