[Zope-dev] zope.contentprovider not useable together with Zope 2.13.4

Michael Howitz mh at gocept.com
Fri Mar 18 10:34:29 EDT 2011

Am 15.02.2011 um 15:10 schrieb Hanno Schlichting:
> Hi.

Hi, sorry for the long delay.

> On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 2:46 PM, Michael Howitz <mh at gocept.com> wrote:
>> I tracked this down to Zope2/App/exclude.zcml where the meta.zcml of the package zope.browserpage gets excluded.
>> Sadly this ZCML file defines the expressiontype directive.
>>
>> What is the current way to use zope.contentprovider in a Zope2 environment?
>
> Hhm, I wasn't aware that this was possible at all so far. I thought we
> only made zope.viewlet available in Zope2 via Products.Five.viewlet.

According to my findings, the provider-expression should work in Zope2 PageTemplates (Products.PageTemplates) as it is registered in Products.PageTemplates.Expressions.createZopeEngine.
In the project mentioned before Zope3 PageTemplates (zope.pagetemplate and z3c.template) are used, too.
Sometimes we had permission problems ("UnauthorizedBinding: context") with the Zope2 PageTemplates even with Zope 2.11.
Maybe mixing Zope2 and Zope3 PageTemplates is the source of the permission problems.

As the outermost template is a z3c.template I doubt fixing the expressiontype declaration will help much in our use case.
It will help to get zope.contentprovider running in Zope2 as this package has no reference to a TALES-Engine, everything is done in tales:expressiontype.

Yours sincerely,
--
Michael Howitz · mh at gocept.com · software developer