[Zope-dev] Zope Tests: 71 OK, 16 Failed

Gediminas Paulauskas menesis at pov.lt
Fri Mar 18 12:50:19 EDT 2011

>> Subject: FAILED : ZTK 1.0dev / Python2.4.6 Linux 64bit
>> From: ccomb at free.fr
>> Date: Sun Feb 27 22:13:21 EST 2011
>>
>> Subject: FAILED : ZTK 1.0dev / Python2.6.5 Linux 64bit
>> From: ccomb at free.fr
>> Date: Sun Feb 27 22:13:54 EST 2011
>>
>> Subject: FAILED : ZTK 1.0dev / Python2.5.5 Linux 64bit
>> From: ccomb at free.fr
>> Date: Sun Feb 27 22:14:06 EST 2011
>
> The ZTK 1.0 dev builds blow up inside the "unit" tests for
> zope.app.server, where one of the tests appears to hang, but not produce
> output:
>
> - ---------------------- %< ------------------------
> $ svn co $ZSVN/zopetoolkit/branches/1.0 ztk-1.0
> $ cd ztk-1.0
> $ /opt/Python-2.6.5/bin/python bootstrap && bin/buildout
> $ bin/test-zopeapp-zope.app.server
> <all tests pass>
> $ bin/develop -c "zope.app.server" && bin/buildout
> $ bin/test-zopeapp-zope.app.server
> <all tests still pass>
> $ bin/develop -c "zope.*" && bin/buildout
> $ bin/test-zopeapp-zope.app.server -vvD
> Running zope.testing.testrunner.layer.UnitTests tests:
>  Set up zope.testing.testrunner.layer.UnitTests in 0.000 seconds.
>  Running:
>  test_config_without_handlers
> (zope.app.server.tests.test_accesslog.TestAccessLogging)
>  test_get_password_manager
> (zope.app.server.tests.test_mkzopeinstance.InputCollectionTestCase)
> - ---------------------- %< ------------------------

I have finally looked at this failure.

The reason why there is no output from failed tests in
test_mkzopeinstance is because sys.stdout/stderr are redirected in the
TestBase class there. An interactive script is tested, so maybe that's
needed, but of course this is an obstacle for developers.

The failure was AssertionError: 'SHA1' != 'SMD5'

zope.password trunk (to become 3.7.0) has a new password manager
(SMD5) added since February 21. See
http://zope3.pov.lt/trac/changeset/120479/zope.password/trunk#file3

Since the test selected the 3rd password manager, it got a different
one that it expected.

In addition to numbering, implementations of managers were changed,
and encoded password were different with zope.password 3.6 or 3.7. So
I used "Plain Text" option.

Tests will pass next run.

> I hope that is enough information for somebody who knows the zope.app
> code to fix the tests.  If not, I suggest we drop the ZTK 1.0 tests,
> given that we aren't changing that package set actively, and that we
> don't have resources to keep the tests green.

No, sorry, ZTK 1.0 was released only half a year ago and may be used
by many projects, so it is important to have it tested and make sure
that bugfix releases are compatible with it.

Buildbot that failed was testing ZTK 1.0dev, that has trunks in its
ztk.cfg . So zope.password trunk was picked. An incompatibility was
discovered. Now we need to create a maintenance branch or make trunk
compatible. Very good.

--
Gediminas