[Zope-dev] Non-ZCML config for ZCA. (Was: Anyone want to do Google Summer of code mentoring for PSF?)

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon Mar 21 09:17:07 EDT 2011

Hi there,

For Martian, Python 3 support is mostly an issue of making class
directives work as class decorators.

I'm not sure what Lennart means by point 1.

Anyway, Grok's configuration is dependent on the rules you give it, so
it's possible to have a completely explicit set of directives with no
implicit fallback to default values whatsoever. Martian supports that
scenario right now.

The only implicit behavior left would be the grokking process, which
generally recognizes subclasses of particular base classes as something
to register. You could do away with this using class decorators as well,
but that would require some changes to Martian to allow it to recognize
things that way. (and it won't work for grokking instances, just classes
and functions)

Note that Pyramid as far as I understand also has a non-ZCML
configuration method that is closer to ZCML.

Regards,

Martijn