[Zope-dev] Zope Tests: 73 OK, 12 Failed, 4 Unknown

Marius Gedminas marius at gedmin.as
Fri Mar 25 16:54:52 EDT 2011

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 07:15:14PM +0100, Hanno Schlichting wrote:

> >> This package looks to belong to Stephan, Adam Groszer, and Marius Gedminas.
> >
> > The failure appears to be caused by the buildbot machine not having
> > enscript, which is used to add syntax highlighting to Python code.
> > Google suggests http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/enscript.htm
> >
> > I'd like to take some time and rewrite the z3c.coverage to use Pygments
> > instead of piping the output through an enscript subprocess, but I'd
> > like it even more if someone else went ahead and did that. ;-)
>
> May I suggest you just switch to using to coverage by Ned Batchelder
> instead [1]?

That's what I've done, and that's why z3c.coverage is not high up on my
priority list.

> A typical buildout setup can look like the one described at
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/plone.testing/4.0a3#coverage-reporting
> assuming you have a zc.recipe.testrunner script called bin/test.

I've never managed to make 'bin/coverage run bin/test' work with
zc.buildout 1.5.0 and recent zc.recipe.testrunner.  Something about the
site.py magic that buildout now does, I think.

I end up doing hacks like

    [coverage-test]
    recipe = zc.recipe.testrunner
    eggs = myapp
    defaults = ['--tests-pattern', '^f?tests$$', '-v']
    initialization =
      # haaaaack because zc.testrunner 1.4.0 produces an _insane_ bin/test
      # that cannot be run with bin/coverage run bin/test, or even
      # bin/python bin/test
      import coverage, atexit
      c = coverage.coverage(data_file='../../../.coverage')
      def _when_done(c=c): c.stop(), c.save()
      atexit.register(_when_done)
      c.start()

which make me sad.