[Zope-dev] [TIP] zope.testrunner and nose count doctests differently

Benji York benji at benjiyork.com
Wed Nov 9 13:17:36 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 2:53 AM, Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi Benji,
>
> On 08/11/2011 11:10, Jonathan Lange wrote:
>>> Mark has somewhat misdirected the thread here, either that or I've got in a
>>> muddle, anyway, the issue at hand is that nose ignores
>>> TestCase.countTestCases(). Any nose people know what that is?
>>
>> Not a nose person, but it's usual to report on TestResult.testsRun
>> rather than TestSuite.countTestCases. The numbers can be different
>> because one test might run multiple times or report multiple results,
>> or tests might be generated during the run that weren't available for
>> countTestCases to count.
>
> If this is the case, perhaps Manuel shouldn't do anything with
> countTestCases? (I know it would drop the test count, but that's not
> *that* important, right? ;-) - and at least all the test runners would
> agree...)

Meh.  Having a good count in complaint test runners is more important to
me than having all test runners agree.  Especially since the lowest
common denominator seems to be counting the entire file as one test.

> PS: When are you going to move source control for Manuel over to GitHub?

I have no plans to move the source.  If I did I'd probably move it to
launchpad.net because most of the other things I work on are there
(including work things).

--
Benji York