[Zope-dev] Revert removal of ++skin++ in Zope4?

Sylvain Viollon sylvain at infrae.com
Tue Nov 22 10:03:21 UTC 2011

Op 16 nov 2011, om 11:30 heeft Christian Theune het volgende geschreven:

> Hi,

  Hello,

> I'd like to revert the removal of the ++skin++ traverser in Zope 4.
>
> As we're working on a replacement ZMI at a sprint currently (more
> details about that in a bit) we'd like to leverage this feature.
>
> From my perspective, I value that Zope 2/4 has always made some choices
> upfront that one could leverage right away. Especially as multiple
> orthogonal components (like: your application and the ZMI) need to
> leverage this plugin point, I'd rather have this provided by the framework.
>
> I couldn't find an argument anywhere why ++skin++ should be gone.

  I like ++skin++, and used it. If it is gone it is not a big issue as it is not really difficult to rebuild.

  There was an issue, due to the perfect implementation of shiftNameToApplication in HTTPRequest.py, it never really worked with the URL computation. However, you could force it in a VirtualHost rewrite rule.

  Regards,

  Sylvain,

--
Sylvain Viollon -- Infrae