[Zope-dev] Zope 4 roadmap

Sylvain Viollon sylvain at infrae.com
Tue Nov 22 15:52:55 UTC 2011

Op 22 nov 2011, om 16:36 heeft Laurence Rowe het volgende geschreven:

 Hello,

> Do you have multiple acl_users folders in a single Silva site? Or is
> it simply the same case as Plone where you might have multiple sites
> within the one ZODB?

  We do have an external users, that can be activated only for a part of a site to give temporary access to some locally defined users, that works with local acl_users within the same site.

  Those users are not global. Usually Silva sites are very large site, and not managed by one person, but by couple of them. They manages theirs external users independently through the Silva UI, where they want, without paying attention to what the other guy did.

  We can  as well create multiple Silva root within the ZODB, but like Plone, but people don't do it that much.

  This is not a big issue for me, as I can change my code to adapt to the situation, but I think it is a major change in how Zope works, and that might be a blocking point for some people when they will want to upgrade. That might fragmentize the Zope 2 user group.

> In the long run I expect that Plone will move to configuring multiple
> sites in a single instance through the WSGI configuration (rather than
> by creating sites through the ZMI.) In this scenario it would be
> possible to have different authentication configurations for each site
> in the WSGI config.

  That's an idea, but you will have 'to restart' to apply the changes.

  Regards,

  Sylvain,

--
Sylvain Viollon -- Infrae