[Zope-dev] Question about RestrictedPython installation with python2.6

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Mon Oct 10 04:22:09 EST 2011

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 11:12 AM, Ruslan Mahmatkhanov <cvs-src at yandex.ru> wrote:
> And this is breaks packaging on FreeBSD, since there will be no
> before_and_after27.py[c,o] and security_in_syntax27.py[c,o] that we
> expecting.
> I know that this files included conditionally, but easy_install still
> tries to compile them all independent of python version. As result - we
> see this ugly errors. Is there anything i can do with this? (some
> easy_install option to not compile this files) or can i anyhow to not
> build and install tests? Thanks in advance for answer.

There's no options for easy_install that prevent these. You'll have to
either use the underlying setuptools API's or write some post-cleanup
script that does what you need here.

Those error messages are annoying, but we'll likely won't get rid of
them before we switch to the new "packaging" / "distutils" libraries
some time in the future.

Hanno