[Zope-dev] Missing Zope2 tarballs

Alex Clark aclark at aclark.net
Tue Oct 11 10:14:57 EST 2011

On 10/11/11 3:17 AM, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

> On Oct 11, 2011, at 03:33 , Alex Clark wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Anyone notice these missing tarballs?
>>
>> - http://old.zope.org/Products/Zope/2.9.12/Zope-2.9.12-final.tgz/
>> - http://old.zope.org/Products/Zope/2.10.13/Zope-2.10.13-final.tgz/
>> - http://old.zope.org/Products/Zope/2.11.4/Zope-2.11.4-final.tgz/
>
> Hi Alex,
>
> With the help of Jim, who produced a tarball containing the spidered content of old.zope.org, the site has been converted to a static site. There will inevitably be issues here and there. I'll take a look to see if I can find the original files from the old app server.

Thanks Jens, I know I occasionally need to build old Plone sites, as far
back as 2.1 but also sometimes 2.5.x and 3.{0,1,2}.x all of which use
the old tarballs ranging from Zope 2.8 - 2.11 (I think). Building these
sites will require at least the "final" from each series to continue
working. Ultimately, I'd love to be able to access all the old tarballs
e.g. similar to:

- http://dist.plone.org/archive/

But I realize this may require some significant bit of effort!

Thanks again for the effort,

Alex

Alex Clark · http://aclark.net