[Zope-dev] [Checkins] SVN: zc.buildout/ Moved to github

Alex Clark aclark at aclark.net
Sun Aug 19 01:58:40 UTC 2012

Hi,

On 2012-08-19 01:24:31 +0000, Lennart Regebro said:

> On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 11:03 PM, Tres Seaver <tseaver at palladion.com> wrote:
>> Because the ability to check into svn.zope.org is based on a "chain of
>> custody" managed by the ZF (web account, verified e-mail address, and SSH
>> key).  J. Random Hacker's account on Github has no such chain.
>
> Sure, but Random J Hacker shouldn't have write permission to the
> repository, so I don't understand why that makes a difference.

IANAL but from my perspective the legitimate issue here is that Domen
Kožar has not signed the Zope Contributor's Agreement, but Jim has
added him to the Buildout organization on GitHub and he has been
committing fixes. If I were the ZF, I would either:

- Make sure everyone in any ZF organizations on GitHub (e.g. buildout)
has signed the contributor agreement, or
- Declare that nothing on GitHub (or at least in the buildout
organization) is a valid contribution to "the work".

In either case, AFAICT zc.buildout development has stopped on
svn.zope.org and started on GitHub so let us let the commit stand to
reflect this real world circumstance.

Alex

Alex Clark · http://pythonpackages.com