[Zope-dev] [Checkins] SVN: zc.buildout/ Moved to github

Alex Clark aclark at aclark.net
Sun Aug 19 21:41:50 UTC 2012

Hi Tres,

On 2012-08-19 15:52:52 +0000, Tres Seaver said:

> On 08/18/2012 09:58 PM, Alex Clark wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 2012-08-19 01:24:31 +0000, Lennart Regebro said:

>>> Sure, but Random J Hacker shouldn't have write permission to the
>>> repository, so I don't understand why that makes a difference.
>>

>> IANAL but from my perspective the legitimate issue here is that Domen
>> Ko?ar has not signed the Zope Contributor's Agreement, but Jim has
>> added him to the Buildout organization on GitHub and he has been
>> committing fixes. If I were the ZF, I would either:
>>
>> - Make sure everyone in any ZF organizations on GitHub (e.g. buildout)
>> has signed the contributor agreement, or - Declare that nothing on
>> GitHub (or at least in the buildout organization) is a valid
>> contribution to "the work".
>>
>> In either case, AFAICT zc.buildout development has stopped on
>> svn.zope.org and started on GitHub so let us let the commit stand to
>> reflect this real world circumstance.
>
> Alex, please revert the commit removing the ZF's copy of the code in SVN.

I don't really feel comfortable doing that (for a variety of reasons).
But if you or anyone else wants to do it, I won't object. Would you
mind doing it for me, if you feel that strongly about it? Probably
something like:

$ svn cp -r127509 svn+ssh://svn.zope.org/repos/main/zc.buildout/trunk
svn+ssh://svn.zope.org/repos/main/zc.buildout/trunk

Thank you and sorry for the trouble,

Alex

Alex Clark · http://pythonpackages.com