[Zope-dev] We need to change how code ownership works.

Robert Niederreiter rnix at squarewave.at
Mon Aug 20 10:27:38 UTC 2012

On 20.08.2012 12:10, Charlie Clark wrote:
> Am 20.08.2012, 11:09 Uhr, schrieb Lennart Regebro <regebro at gmail.com>:
>
>> Such as?
>
> As previously noted: the T&C's in particular the indemnification clause.
> Plus, the usual when dealing with an apparently free service provided by
> a company beholden to VC's.
There are lots of very famous os projects hostet on github - which -
without any doubt raises the reputation of github itself.

https://github.com/popular/starred

i doubt that github i willing to get into the doghouse by doing really
nasty things - and thus getting into risk of loosing projects.

lots of you also use gmail, g+ or other stuff, where i have more
concerns about abuse than at github...

even the linux kernel guys seem to prefer the benefits of github.

https://github.com/torvalds/linux

still, all your concerns are reasonable, but the claimed implications
should stay lifelike.

Robert

--
Robert Niederreiter