[Zope-dev] ZAM/ZMI Demo

Roger dev at projekt01.ch
Sun Feb 5 03:49:37 UTC 2012

Hi Christopher

Auftrag
> von Christopher Lozinski
> Gesendet: Samstag, 4. Februar 2012 12:35
> An: Laurence Rowe
> Cc: ct at gocept.com; zope-dev at zope.org
> Betreff: [Zope-dev] ZAM/ZMI Demo
>
> On 2/1/12 10:39 AM, Laurence Rowe wrote:
> >  I wasn't able to get zam.demo (svn trunk) to run, so I don't have an
> > opinion on ZAM itself at the moment. Note that Zope 4 is based on Zope
> > 2 rather than BlueBream so I don't know how much of the existing work
> > would still be applicable.
> Not being able to fire up the demo is a problem.  Since people are
> talking about upgrading the ZMI, they should take a look at ZAM, but it
> does not currently install correctly.  So you can take at an older
> install  here:
>
> http://ejr0.x.rootbsd.net:8080/
>
> Login:Manager
> Password:password
>
> I will leave it up for a few days.  If anyone wants to see it in the
> future, and it is down, just ask me to fire it up.
>
> It has Copy, Cut, Rename, Delete.  No Add.  So I am going back to the
> ugly ZMI.

It has an Add menu, but there is nothing to add by default.
You can see the Add menu left from the Context Menu. It will
open if you hover on the "+".

The important part in ZAM is, that it is cusomizable
by ist plugins. This concept was used because not
every project is using the full zope.* package stack.

ZAM allows you to install a package include the configure.zcml
and the UI get enhanced. but this makes ZAM a little bit
complex because of it's layer interfaces. Probably ZAM
should get improved and just use one layer or something
like that.

Regards
Roger Ineichen