[Zope-dev] Zope internals documentation

Martin Aspeli optilude+lists at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 10:58:15 UTC 2012

On 1 January 2012 10:51, Andreas Jung <lists at zopyx.com> wrote:

> Martin Aspeli wrote:
>> On 1 January 2012 10:43, Jens Vagelpohl <jens at dataflake.org> wrote:
>>> Hi Martin,

>>> Thanks, I'll take a look at it today.

>>> On one of the ZF servers.
>>
>> If it's going to go there, I'd like it to (a) be in version control
>> and (b) be somewhere that I can edit it. Is that doable?
>
> Wouldn't it make sense to integrate your docs with The Zope Book.
> It's maintained using Sphinx and the sources are on svn.zope.org
> (somewhere).

This is really low level documentation. The Zope Book is for people
using Zope. This is for people who may need to maintain or deep-debug
it.

I'm happy for it to be integrated if people think it makes sense, but
I think it may be quite off-putting to read what is in many places
block-by-block explanations of what the code does.

Martin