[Zope-dev] TreeVocabulary in zope.schema.vocabulary

Charlie Clark charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu
Wed Jan 25 09:37:22 UTC 2012

Hiya,

Am 24.01.2012, 18:48 Uhr, schrieb Jan-Carel Brand <lists at opkode.com>:

> I've clarified some of the docstrings and added the missing one.
> None have doctests, perhaps you are referring to fromDict, which gives
> an example dict to show the required structure.
> I guess that could easily be turned into a doctest, I'll look into it.

No need to add doctests. It was more a comment on the docstring of one
method in comparison with the others.

>> It would be nice to expand the README here.
> I don't see anything about vocabs there at all, but I'm willing to add
> some tests.

er, just because the existing documentation is pants doesn't mean it can't
be improved upon! ;-)

I'm still not sure about having TreeVocabulary in zope.schema if it is
only going to be used with, shudder, Archetypes. On the one hand schema
are theoretically dissociated from any form library and zope.form is
already incomplete, on the other we try and avoid application-specific
requirements in the libraries. All the more important to expand the
documentation so that other libraries can benefit from the plumbing.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Managing Director