[Zope-dev] zope-tests - FAILED: 21, OK: 19

Stephan Richter stephan.richter at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 15:46:03 UTC 2013

On Tuesday, February 26, 2013 02:41:02 PM Marius Gedminas wrote:
> This error is caused by zope.publisher 4.0.0a1:
>
>   bin/buildout -n buildout:prefer-final=false buildout:versions=versions \
>                versions:zope.publisher='<4.0.0a1' \
>                versions:zope.session='<4.0.0a1' && bin/test -pvc
>
> makes the test pass, while
>
>   bin/buildout -n buildout:prefer-final=false buildout:versions=versions \
>                versions:zope.publisher='4.0.0a1' \
>                versions:zope.session='<4.0.0a1' && bin/test -pvc

This brings up a bigger question:

Even though, most ported packages are fully Python 3 compatible, they might
depend on packages that are not ready to get a final release. Those two are:

* zope.security 4.0.0 (pending PyPy support from Tres)
* ZODB 4.0.0 (I am currently using an sdist of the py3 branch.)

Any package that depends directly or indirectly on those two packages has an
alpha release right now. Strictly speaking this is not necessary for any
package not depending on ZODB (ZODB is special because the dep changes from
ZODB3 to ZODB).

If it is okay with everyone, we could change the releases to their final
version numbers with the understanding that Python 3 support will not be
available until all dependencies have their final release. Python 2 should work
just fine once we get the trunk builds back to green.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Entrepreneur and Software Geek