[Zope-dev] ZTK 2.0 process

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Tue Feb 26 16:04:26 UTC 2013

Hi.

The process for a ZTK 2.0 release isn't really well defined. I'm not
sure if Jan-Wijbrand and Christophe are still interested in working on
ZTK releases.

Contrary to wait I said before I'd be willing to work on a ZTK 2.0
release (knowing the tools and procedure).

My goals for a 2.0 release would be (comparing to
http://docs.zope.org/zopetoolkit/releases/overview-1.1.html):

- Drop support for Python 2.5 (ZTK 1.1 still supports that)
- Add support for Python 3.x (either 3.3 or 3.2 and 3.3)
- Drop all zope.app packages from the KGS (most were deprecated in ZTK 1.1)
- Update to buildout 2
- Update to ZODB 4

Hanno