[Zope-dev] ZTK Porting Status

Stephan Richter stephan.richter at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 16:30:28 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I went through the ztk-versions.cfg file and verified availability of a Python 3
port. I commented the ztk-versions.cfg file. Below are the relevant sections.
If we remove all deprecated pacakges and packages that should not be in use
anymore, only the following dependencies/toolchain packages require a Python 3
port:

z3c.checkversions
z3c.recipe.compattest
zope.kgs
zc.resourcelibrary
zope.mkzeoinstance
ZODB (awaiting merge of py3 branch)

Luckily we control all these packages.

These packages should just be removed from the file:

# Deprecating
# zope.broken was only needed for ZODB3.
zope.broken = 3.6.0
# zope.server has been forked and ported to Py3 under the name "waitress".
zope.server = 3.8.6
# RestrictedPython and thus zope.untrustedpython are hard to port to Py3.
zope.untrustedpython = 4.0.0
# No package should depend on ZODB3 anymore.
ZODB3 = 3.11.0a2
# mechanize should only be needed for testbrowser.
mechanize = 0.2.5

Dependencies missing a Python 3 port:

# XXX: Where do we need that?
Paste = 1.7.5.1
# PasteScript should not be needed anymore, since zope.paste supports serving
# directly now.
PasteScript = 1.7.5
# Fix by removing it from the ZTK?
RestrictedPython = 3.6.0